Answered By: Sally Hand Last Updated: Apr 16, 2020 Views: 358
Australian Standards Online can be accessed by VU staff and currently enrolled VU students only.
A video titled: How to find Australian Standards 2019 has been created. The video shows how to locate the Australian Standards database and retrieve the full text of any current Australian Standard.
Or you can follow the written instructions below.
To access the Australian Standards database (print and download) go to the Victoria University library web page http://www.vu.edu.au/library
1. Click A-Z Databases
2. Select A (Australian Standards) or type Standards in the search box (Australian Standards link will appear beneath the search)
3. Scroll and find the Australian Standards Online link
4. Please read general guidelines for database use
5. Click Australian Standards Online hyperlink
6. You will be required to login with your username and password via MyVU Portal
1. The Library has 3 concurrent user licenses so it is important to log out when you have finished.
2. An electronic Australian Standard document file can be saved for up to 5 days after which it will erase and no longer be accessible. You will have to log back into the Australian Standards database to access the Australian Standard again.